Child Custody The Right Way

Custody battles are the most difficult area of family law. It is hard on parents to share access to their children, but it is even harder on children when parents do not maintain a friendly relationship with each other.

At Epperson Law PLLC in Boone and Weddington, we work hard to handle emotionally charged cases quickly and effectively. You will benefit from each of our attorneys' 24 years of legal experience, including several years as U.S. Military JAG Corps officers. Our child custody attorneys are dedicated to our clients and the best interests of their children. If domestic violence is involved in your case at all, you need to speak with us immediately. We will be your advocate and help you remedy the situation as quickly and safely as possible.

Custody Is Based On The Best Interests Of Your Child

The North Carolina court considers many different factors, but it ultimately has to decide which parent will provide an environment that will best encourage your child's physical, emotional, moral and mental development. In order to share custody, it is necessary that both parents are actively involved in children's lives — both parents are knowledgeable and involved in the child's education, extracurricular activities and health.

Courts are hesitant to disrupt the status quo if one parent has been the child's primary caretaker. You will need an experienced advocate in any case.

We have handled numerous complex and contentious custody disputes. We are actively involved advocates for children in each county we practice, and we keep up-to-date with judge's proclivities regarding 50-50 custody and joint timesharing.

Our lawyers take an honest approach to difficult cases. If we can settle your case for something similar to what you would get at trial, we will advise you accordingly and draft a child visitation and parenting agreement that is fair to both parties in your child's best interests. Drafting your parenting plan with care and precision is crucial to your child's future and your parental rights.

We also help clients in cases involving:

Can I Modify My Child Custody Arrangement?

Modifications of child custody, like child support, are never final until the child turns 18 and graduates from high school. You can always ask the court to modify the child custody or visitation schedule if there has been a substantial change in circumstances that affect your child.

Please call our law firm toll free at 888-805-8163 or email us securely to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys. With offices in Boone and Weddington, we cost-effectively serve clients in the areas of Union County, Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Boone and throughout North Carolina.

We want to help you by providing proactive, personalized representation.