Charlotte Child Relocation Lawyer

Issues in child custody are never easy to deal with; however, when one spouse is requesting to move out of state or out of country with their children, it can quickly turn into a complex legal battle.

At Epperson Law PLLC, our lawyers provide skilled representation to both petitioners and respondents in difficult legal matters. We understand how important your children and their welfare are to you. We offer strategic solutions that keep in mind the best interests of your children and help protect your parental rights.

What Are The Factors In A Child Move-Away Case?

The outcome of each move-away matter is determined on a case-by-case basis. However, there are common factors that each judge will take into account, such as:

  • What is in the best interests of the children?
  • How old are the children?
  • What is the distance between the new location and the old location?
  • What will the quality of life be for the children in the new location?
  • Is there a family support system in either or both locations?
  • How will relocation affect the children's contact with the noncustodial parent?
  • Will relocation damage the relationship between the children and the noncustodial parent?

Our law firm addresses child relocation issues that arise during the separation period, as a part of the divorce process, and as post-order modification requests. Backed by more than two decades of experience, our attorneys have experienced great success in child relocation cases. We are highly familiar with the local judicial system and advise our clients on practical strategies to accomplish their legal goals.

Each family will face a unique set of circumstances in their parental relocation case, and it is best to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Contact our Weddington, North Carolina, law firm to discuss your specific matter.

Mecklenburg County Child Custody Modification Attorney

Legal issues involving your family are some of the most important matters you will ever need to address We can provide the skilled representation that you need. Contact our firm at 704-288-1359 or by completing our online contact form.