North Carolina Family Law Attorneys
Call Today 704.200.9278
Standing Up For What Is Right Protecting Your Child's Best Interests

Charlotte Child Support Attorneys

Determining Child Support in Charlotte & Weddington, NC

In North Carolina, child support is determined by a formula that considers each parent's income, the child's health insurance costs, daycare or child care costs, and any extraordinary needs that the child may have. This information is then put into a child support calculator, which abides by North Carolina Child Support Guidelines, and the obligation amount is generated.

You can ask the court to deviate from the guidelines and award more or less child support. However, you have to persuade the court that either a parent's inability to pay or your child's extraordinary needs demand more or less child support.

How Can Epperson Law Group, PLLC Assist You?

For experienced help with any issue related to child support, custody, or divorce in Charlotte, Weddington, Boone, or the surrounding areas, contact the team at Epperson Law Group, PLLC. Our Charlotte child support lawyers focus solely on divorce and family law. We know the law, know the court system, and know how to protect our clients’ rights and interests.

We handle legal issues related to:

  • Determining child support
  • Enforcing child support
  • Modifying child support
  • Paternity and child support
  • Divorce and child support

Give us a call at (704) 200-9278 or contact us online for a confidential consultation.

Modifying & Enforcing Child Support

Child support is never a final issue until the child turns 18 and graduates from high school. A parent can always ask the court to modify child support based on a substantial change of circumstances that affect the children. If there is a 15 percent change in a parent's income (either up or down), it is presumed to be a substantial change in circumstances.

In some cases, after the divorce has been finalized or paternity established and the child support ordered, the obligee (person receiving support) needs to ask the court to enforce the child support because the obligor (person paying support) is not paying. If you need to enforce your child support obligation or need help defending an enforcement action, our Charlotte child support attorneys can offer guidance and legal representation you need.

Talk to a Charlotte Family Lawyer Today

At Epperson Law Group, PLLC, we are available 24/7 to assist with child support needs and issues. We have offices in Charlotte and Boone and represent clients throughout the surrounding areas, including in Charlotte and throughout Union County and Mecklenburg County. With a Charlotte child support lawyer from our firm on your side, you can rest assured that your rights will be protected through any support-related proceedings.

Call our firm at (704) 200-9278 today.

Caring Service For Your Family Law Issues

Hear From Past Clients
  • “James and his office staff are always ready to help answer your questions and concerns”


  • “The staff is amazing, James. Thank you again!”


  • “Mr. Epperson is a wonderful attorney!”

    Previous Client

  • “Words cannot express my gratitude. I have the chance to have my life back now thanks to James Epperson!”


  • “Wonderful law firm and an amazing staff. ”


  • “Excellent group of people to work with. Highly recommend!”
  • “Great lawyer! Whenever we need legal help in the Charlotte area, we call James Epperson”


  • “James Epperson was by far the best attorney in the courtroom.”


  • “Great Law Firm”